These little frittatas are light, protein-packed and very versatile because you can throw in your favorite meats and veggies. They’re delicious for any meal, whether you want to eat at home, or whether you want to take it on the go!
1/4 cup diced cooked ham
1/8 cup diced onions
1/8 cup diced bell peppers
¼ cup diced mushrooms
5 Whole Eggs
5 Egg Whites
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp finely grated cheese (your choice)
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Spray some cooking spray into a nonstick pan. Put the pan over medium-high heat and add the peppers. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the onions, cooked ham and mushrooms. Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Whisk the eggs and egg whites in a medium bowl. Add the ham, vegetables, salt & pepper and stir well.
5. Distribute the egg mixture into 10 of the muffin cups. Distribute the grated cheese over the tops of the frittatas.
6. Bake about 20 minutes until firm in the center. If the cheese begins to brown too much, cover with foil to complete the baking.
7. Serve warm or cold. Serving suggestions: serve with toast or side salad.
Why are they versatile? Because instead of ham you could add turkey, or low-fat sausage. You could nix the meat altogether and make it totally vegetarian. Instead of the vegetables listed here, you could use your favorite frozen stir-fry mix. Just remember to keep it light, and keep the cooked meat/veggie mix to no more than 3/4 cups in total.
Serving size: 2 frittatas; calories per serving: 128; fat: 6.5 g; carbs: 2.5 g.; protein: 14.5 g
Photo: The Agenda Daily