These days so many of us are pressed for time that eating healthy becomes a challenge. Looking for a nutritious and delicious recipe that doesn't take a lot of time? You've found it! In less than 15 minutes you’ll have a hearty meal that’s good for you. This savory salmon dish has a sweet citrus flavor of orange paired with soy. Add some spinach, carrots, and sugar snap peas, and you’re set!
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 7 minutes
grated peel and juice from ½ orange
1 ½ Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
5 tsp. water, divided
4 skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each) 1” thick
8 ounces sugar snap peas
1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
2 scallions, sliced
1. Combine the following in a small bowl: orange juice and peel, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil. Mix well and set aside.
2. Take a microwavable dish and place spinach on top, covering 2/3 of the dish. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons water and toss. Next, place salmon fillets on the bed of spinach.
3. On remaining 1/3 of the dish, place snap peas and carrots. Taking 1 tablespoon of soy mixture and 3 teaspoons water, drizzle over vegetables and toss.
4. Now take 2 tablespoons soy mixture and drizzle over salmon.
5. Cover the dish with plastic wrap. Make sure wrap is vented over food (about 1 inch above). Place in microwave on high for approximately 5 to 7 minutes or until salmon fillets appear opaque, and veggies are slightly tender.
6. Take remaining soy mixture and drizzle over the entire dish. Garnish with scallions.
Serving Size: 1 fillet, Approx. 2/3 cup veggies
Calories – 344
Fat – 13
Saturated Fat – 2 g
Cholesterol – 101 mg
Sodium – 558 mg
Carbohydrates – 16 g
Fiber – 4 g
Protein – 40 g
Sugars – 7 g